Saturday, January 27, 2024

Social Listening - Bruce Bolt

 


Bruce+Bolt Baseball & Softball Equipment

    For my blog post this week I picked a brand called BRUCE BOLT. Bruce Bolt is a family owned and operated company located in Austin, TX.  In 2016, 16 year old Bear Mayer saw the need for better batting gloves, sparking the beginning of BRUCE BOLT. bruce bolt sales baseball equipment such as bats, bat grips, apparel, and protective equipment. But they are known for their batting gloves. as they are made of full real top quality leather other than other brand who sale cheaper not so real leather. They sell their products on their own website and Dick's sporting goods! They promote their products on all social media. What interested me in this brand is wanting to know what people are saying about it and how I feel about it as I own a pair of Bruce Bolts and want to know if people think the same as me. I will mainly be subjecting around their batting gloves since that's what they are most known for and the most sold item on their website.Bruce Bolt's value proposition is that its's Their mission is to build the highest quality, longest lasting equipment in baseball backed by awesome customer service. Bruce Bolt's are going big in today's baseball targeting all ages and getting big named players in the MLB wearing them.

Bruce Bolt 2022 CARE PACKAGE!! (Use my discount code in description) -  YouTube


BRUCE BOLT has a wide variety of batting gloves such as short cuff and long cuff that go up on your writ more and ones that are shorter. Per pair of batting gloves are price range between $75-$150 depending on what type you get. The things people where saying about the company is that they are really good batting gloves but overpriced and might as well get cheaper batting gloves for almost same luxury.

 There are a lot of mixed emotions with BRUCE BOLT but The three main things that stuck out to me the most in the comments where people talked about how they really liked the batting gloves they have bought. Such as from genuine_coaching and joalvarez78 they said nine things about how they are the best in the business. But there was one exact comment that stuck out to me from and instagram user that goes my the name of alwilkin04 says "Trash batting gloves! Both my boys got a pair for Christmas THIS year and they already look like garbage and are close to having holes! 100% not worth the hype". 



Bruce Bolts costumers don't get responded to at all hardly ever. I only saw a few and they were just promoting more of the product. They defiantly should respond to more comments as it would get more attention to their post. It's not a good decision not to because some of the supporters may want to see support back to them for using their products. 

The aspects they do for marketing are alright at most. They do a good job posting videos and photos of their products but not tell much about them. They are not remarkable and just lazy in my opinion. The marketing challenge they face is not promoting and hyping up the products as they could be! If I was the brand manager I would be figuring out a way to get the product more out there and respond to more comments with good customer service. 

Me using BRUCE BOLT jr year of high school.

What I learned from this assignment is that many like the product Bruce Bolts makes but some are like me and don't think there worth the hype they have been getting the last 3 years they have been going viral for. I personally own Bruce Bolts and they are $30-$50 dollars more than other competitors batting gloves and me personally would like the cheaper ones as the Bruce Bolts are really thick and can hurt more than you think. I really liked them my jr year of high school and used them Dailey but once they ripped and you needed a new pair and need some ASAP you don't have time to buy Bruce bolts online and wait for them to get to you. So when they ripped on me I didn't have the time or money for them and got cheaper ones and never really went back to them. I got another pair but they never felt as better as the cheaper pair like they used to and prefer the cheaper pair now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Listening - Bruce Bolt

       For my blog post this week I picked a brand called BRUCE BOLT. Bruce Bolt is a family owned and operated company located in Austin, T...